Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The LOST Art of Editing

I wrote this as a comment to my good friend Christine Taylor, @mousewords http://twitter.com/mousewords . She's an amazing writer, and has been kind enough to bring us along for the ride. Go follow her on Twitter, ok?

Anyway, it won't make sense out of context, so go read her post first, by clicking the title above.

You'll see my same comment on that page, so I guess it doesn't even matter if you come back.. unless she deleted it :)
---
Hey Chris

Welcome to my world :)
Every time I come back from a shoot, and see my raw footage, or raw photos, its that same range of emotions, its exciting, because you know its going to be awesome when its done, but its nerve racking, because you hate to cut something up, that's... alive. Sure, sometimes you see something that just has to be cut. Then it becomes a slasher movie, so many cuts, its hard to recognize what it was before. Slowly, you lay the knife down, wipe off your hands, pull back, look around, and then move things around. The real magic, like your video clip (very cool!) is when something new comes out, that didn't exist before. It comes alive, its... magic.

Hmmm that was kind of graphic. Sorry, feel free to delete it :) I think I'll go back to some more editing now :)

Then again, I kind of liked it... think I'll go post this on my blog :)

@carlincomm
http://twitter.com/carlincomm

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:56 PM , Blogger mousewords said...

And this is what I commented in reply:

No way I'd delete that! Graphic, yes; but so cool to hear your insight. Thank you! :-)

And thank you for the quote! :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home