Monday, February 27, 2006

Streaming Video

I am currently experimenting with Streaming Video. Again!

When I first started doing video for Weddings, I had already been a computer tech, experimenting with making web pages, and also doing some video editing. One thing I was very excited about was putting video on web pages. That was back in 1999 or 2000. Back then, I only knew 3 people who were using something faster than a dial up modem. Video on a website was horrible. It was hard to imagine anyone would ever watch it. I had some clips that I had made, and sometimes people would email and say they had watched them.

Fast forward to Now! Streaming video is everywhere. I've been looking at it for the last few months, and just recently found a program I could afford to make the conversions. Well, actually, I found a Free program, so that seemed like something I could at least test with!

You may be familiar with a Documentary I have been working on for the last few months, The Survivors Stories, if not, that's OK, I'll give you a chance to check it out! I have posted a few clips from the Survivors on my website, just follow this link http://www.ncwvideo.com/survivors_stories/clips.php

What would really help me out, if you can just watch one of the clips, or all of them is good too! Then drop me a line at bluestar@televar.com and tell me if they worked, if you thought the quality of the video was worth watching, and if it played well. Right now I'm more interested in the technical side of things, but if you'd like to comment on the content of the clips, that fine as well! While you're there, go ahead and check out the rest of the info about the Survivors Stories, I also have a blog just for that as well. You'll see links for that, etc.

OK, back already? Great! Hope it worked for you!

Now that we're all done with that, here is a question. Would you be interested in seeing demo clips of weddings on my website, and also maybe making a Highlights clip from all weddings? If you check out the Gallery section of my website:
http://www.ncwvideo.com/gallery/
you'll see that the weddings have lots of pictures available. When I started doing that, web video was horrible, and I didn't want people to judge my work based on what they saw online. Maybe now its good enough to include some clips. Let me know how you feel about that OK?

Thanks for your help!
Carlin